Has been licenced in Canada since 1990 as a safe and effective treatment for various medical conditions.
Approved In 2001by Health Canada for wrinkle therapy.
Is derived from a purified protein and works by relaxing the muscles that cause dynamic wrinkles (wrinkles that are caused by repeated muscular contractions, such as frowning or squinting).
The best candidates for the procedure are those between ages of 25 and 65. In many cases, wrinkles in people over 65 are “static” and do not change when relaxing the face. Other procedures would work better for these patients, including hyaluronic acid injections. Each person is different however, and should undergo a consultation to determine the most effective treatment plan.
BOTOX COSMETIC® is a non-surgical treatment that temporarily smoothes moderate to severe frown lines between the brows, crow’s feet, forehead lines, neck and bunny lines.
A BOTOX COSMETIC® procedure is quick, simple and there is no downtime. Following a detailed discussion and a discussion of your expectations, the procedure only takes about 10-15 min to perform. Post care is discussed.
A tiny amount of BOTOX COSMETIC® is injected precisely into the muscle being treated. A very fine needle is used so the pain is minimal. The sensation has been compared to that of a mosquito bite.
You may see a marked improvement in the moderate to severe frown lines within 7-10 days. Improvement may continue for up to 2 weeks.
Side effects are rare and these will be discussed prior to injection of BOTOX COSMETIC®.
Effects usually last up to 4 months. After repeat treatments, the effects may last longer.
Regular use of this simple treatment will smooth, soften and relax those unwanted expression lines
There is no scientific evidence that supports creams work better than BOTOX COSMETIC®. Creams work well on the surface of skin. BOTOX COSMETIC® works below the surface to relax the muscles that cause the lines and wrinkle to form.
Cost depends on the amount of product required. Doses are individualized.
Questions we will ask before knowing if BOTOX COSMETIC® is right for you:
- Tell your injector about all your medical conditions, including if you have: a disease that affects your muscles and nerves (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease], myasthenia gravis, or Lambert-Eaton syndrome) These diseases may increase your chance of side effects with BOTOX COSMETIC® treatment
- Are you breastfeeding?
- Are you pregnant or are you planning to become pregnant soon?
- BOTOX® has been found to give relief to Migraine sufferers. BOTOX® for migraine help is gaining acceptance.
- Most private plans will cover your prescription of BOTOX®.
- Injection fees start at $250.
- Administered by a physician
- Hyperhydrosis is a troublesome problem that results in awkward social situations for those that are affected.
- Injections of BOTOX® interrupt the signal from the nerve to the sweat gland to reduce the sweating in the area that is affected.
- The injection is done with a very fine needle and, for treatment of the underarms,
- Procedure is virtually painless.
- The percent reduction in sweating in clinical study was 83% in 95% of participants.
- The effect of treatment can be immediate or take up to a week, with the average duration of effect after a single treatment being 7 months.
- Some third party insurance plans may cover the cost of BOTOX ® however the injection costs are not a covered benefit. Injection fees start at $250.